General race information
- The Cotswold Way Relay follows the National Trail route. It is easy to follow at walking speed but sometimes tricky at running speed. The course is not specially marked for the race. We recommend that every athlete should reconnoitre their own stage in the weeks before the race.
- Maprun6 technology is being used for runner identification and race timing. You must have an up-to-date smart phone to take part in this race. A backup watch with a Garmin or other gpx trace should also be worn in case of phone failure
- Maps and hill profiles are on jpeg and GPX files below. The Maprun6 app has race day maps of every stage. Click go to start so see a trace of the route on a background map. It contains a GPX trace, so your live location is also recorded. This is enough for race day, but you might wish to carry an OS or Harvey’s National Trail map as backup especially, especially during a recce
- The only Course Marshalls will be at the few serious road crossings, and these will be notified to runners at the prerace briefing. These marshals have no rights to stop traffic but will warn and assist you in road crossing.
- Start times as per table below: Runners should arrive at least 30 minutes before the start time to allow for parking, registration, and pre-race briefing. There will be markers for assembly in socially distanced groups of 10 (by race number 1-100) Masks should be worn when not racing. There will be a Wave start in groups of 10 (according to race number) every 30 seconds
- Each stage has a cut off time of roughly 12 minutes per mile (5 miles per hour). This may be lengthened by the organisers in the event of severe weather
- There will be a sweeper running each leg at this pace. If runners fall behind the sweeper, they will be advised to pull out of the race at a safe and sensible location and contact their team to arrange collection. Runners who drop out will be awarded the cut off time provided they started the race with the intention of completing the leg.
- If teams have no runner registered at a start of a leg, the team will be awarded a penalty time which is the Cut Off time plus 15 minutes
|Stage||Start||Finish||Start Time||Cut off time||Distance||Ascent
|1||Chipping Campden||Stanway House||07.00||2.30
|2||Stanway House||Cleeve Common||08.15||2.30||19K
|3||Cleeve Common||Seven Springs||09.30||1.45||13.2K
|4||Seven Springs||Cranham Corner||10.25||2.30||20.4K
|5||Cranham corner||Ebley Mill||11.45||2.30||18.9K
|7||Dursley||Wotton U Edge||14.00||1.30||11.6K
|8||Wooton U Edge||Old Sodbury||14.45||2.30||19.4K
|9||Old Sodbury||Cold Ashton||16.00||2.00||14.8K
|Bath Victoria Park||17.00||2.00||14.3K