COVID 19 Bulletin Monday 16 March
Government guidance is changing quickly as the COVID 19 crisis deepens.
Irrespective of whether the event comes under government prohibition, the implications of trying to organise this event at a time when the epidemic may be close to peak are becoming clearer and getting larger.
- Gathering in groups for races even of the size of the CWR may be the wrong thing to do.
- Every team will contain front line public sector workers. Some teams are entirely health based.
- Teams will be hard to recruit and event organisers may become unwell
- Last year several athletes were hospitalised due to heat exhaustion. The health service will be much more stretched this year and it seems unfair to expect them to cope with more
- And much more as you will know following the news
For your information the list of 100 teams that were selected are below.
However we have decided to defer the race organisation process at least 2 weeks to give time to allow the situation to become clearer and to make further decisions
- There will be no collection of race entry fees as previously planned
- We will send a further email by 31st march at the latest
- Please let your athletes know
Cotswold Way Relay